I was inspired by this and this image I saw a while ago but I'm not that happy with how my version turned out - however in theory it's a great thing to try at home as it's so quick and simple. It's also the kind of thing that could turn out looking super tacky, and I'm not sure if I have quite managed to avoid this! I used acrylics rather than oils because you can thin them down with water and they are pretty quick-drying. I could have used some orange paint as well to complement the colour of the zip. For the best splatters I would recommend dropping them from higher up. I'm quite impatient so I didn't bother waiting until each colour had dried before adding the next one, but with hindsight I would have done because the colours merged together a bit, I guess it depends how neat you want it to look. When I get sick of it I might paint the whole thing white and create a cracked paint effect instead. I also saw this idea of painting a clutch camo, which is pretty cool.